Sunday 15 March 2015

Not a Little Baby Anymore

I'm not going to lie but I really don't enjoy the newborn stage much at all. Those first 2 months are tough but thankfully don't last forever! Ammon is now at that cute squidgy stage where he is just so ridiculously yummy and adorable I feel like I could have another dozen more. Just kidding, I think Aarahi would run away. Ammon smiles and babbles away, he's just started giggling too. Gosh I love that kid!

Mum, Nana and Grand-Graeme went home on Saturday, it was sad to see them leave but we had so much fun while they were here. Auron in particular is missing Nana lots. The first thing Lili asked for when she woke up was "when is Grand-Graeme coming?" Hopefully we might all make it back to NZ sometime this year. Lucky for us Nanny Kaye is heading over next month!

We went out on a date last week to the movies. There was nothing we were particularly excited to see but ended up watching Jupiter Ascending. It was pretty average BUT at the last minute we decided to upgrade to the flash cinema. I'm not sure if I can go back to normal now! We had the whole cinema to ourselves and lovely reclining chairs, it was bliss. I'm surprised we didn't fall asleep. After the movie we went out to some steak place for dinner which was pretty delicious. 

Today we are heading back into the city for more house stuff. I think we've been to the city more times in the last few months than we did all of last year! We also have a "colour appointment' next week where you pick all the different colours and components of the house. You can either pick for the pre-planned colour schemes (which we have) or do a custom paint. The thought of having to pick EVERY SINGLE COLOUR makes my head spin, especially since Aarahi and I have very different ideas. We do still have to pick all the door handles and taps and toilet roll holders etc. 

I have a big list of things I want to buy for our new house that I keep on my phone so I can pick things up when they go on sale. So far we have new sheets, pillows, and one of Tuk's paintings and some other cute prints for the kids rooms. We also have a new fridge, and lounge suite on the list but they may have to wait til we move in.














No comments:

Post a Comment