Tuesday 10 March 2015

Family Reunions and Ammon's Baby Blessing

On Wednesday Mum, Nana and Grand-Graeme flew over from NZ for a holiday. We are so excited to have them here. The kids in particular are so happy to have Nana and Grand-Nana here to do fun things with. They also have a new audience to perform for haha.

On Friday it was Grand-Nana's 82nd birthday, she's looking pretty good for 82, she doesn't even have hardly any wrinkles. I hope I inherit that quality. We had a party for her on the Saturday. My cousin Cindy and her family flew from Queensland to join in the fun as well. It was so lovely to have so much family around. Living over here we tend to miss out on lots of the family events and parties etc.

We have put off Ammon's baby blessing so that we could have more of our family here to be a part of his special day. Ra and Nicollette came over too and we filled up 2 whole rows at church. That is pretty impressive for us! I am so thankful for everyone who came it really means a lot.

After church we came home to have "Christmas Breakfast". Ra missed out on Christmas Breakfast last year because I was too busy dealing with a newborn to make it and he didn't get home to Mum's so he asked if I would make it for him. Being the loving cousin I am, I obliged, although I must admit having Breakfast at 3pm was a little strange.

Auron and Lili have been asking all Summer to go to Fun Fields. It's a water amusement park not too far from us. I told them that we could go when Nana was here. They have both been so very patient waiting. When I looked at the forecast for this week I was a quite disheartened that our Summer was pretty much over. We were going to be lucky to get a day past 25 degree (25 degrees is only just warm enough to go swimming). It would've broken my heart to disappoint them. Yesterday was a public holiday, the forecast was for 26 so we decided to chance it despite the cloudy skies. When we arrived it was already packed full of people. The water was freezing and the kids shivered but we all had a FANTASTIC time. It warmed up a bit. There were also lots of other rides to go on that weren't watersides. The kids loved the toboggans, unfortunately Auron and I got stuck behind a painful kid who kept stopping to try make us crash into him. In the end I put on my "mummy voice" and told him to cut it out. We have no photos as we were too busy having fun!













No comments:

Post a Comment