Friday 28 April 2017

New House, New Baby, BIG holiday.

I will just preface this by saying to those who receive this by email, you may get a few over the next week while I try to get everything blogged. Sorry. 

Holiday 2017 – Cruise

The week leading up to our much anticipated holiday was unblievably busy and stress inducing. I don't think I have ever been so highly strung in my life. Lets just say it's a miracle we all made it out the other side half sane.
Our final house payment cleared on the Monday which allowed us to collect our keys to our brand new, not a mark on the wall house on Tuesday morning. Ammon intitated it into the family by wiping his pizza fingers along those pristine walls. It was only a matter of time, it is truly a family house now, and no longer show home condition.
On wedneday morning we had an ultrasound for the new baby and got to find out what we were having. A GIRL. Lili is pretty excited. Everything looks good which is a always a relief. This pregnancy has been completely different to any other pregnancy and has had me worried more times that I can even count. After the ultrasound we started to move house. It was a long and very hot day. I had a hospital appointment at 6pm for the new baby, I had only 20mins to make a 45min drive to the hospital in rush hour traffic. I should mention the petrol light started flashing on the freeway. I have a phobia of filling up the petrol and was praying the I could get there and back without having to do it but no such luck. I actually made the appointment on time through some miracle. The hospital is so lovely, I feel so blessed that we are position this time to be able to afford to go private, especially being our last baby. I got home around 9pm and Aarahi was still not finished. He arrived with the missionaries and last truck load at around 9:30pm.
On Thursday we were heading back to return the truck when our car broke down and had to be towed to the mechanic. It is about time it had a trip on a tow truck, we have really been testing fate on that one. I waited with the car and kids while Aarahi returned the truck and picked up the only hire car they had available. A massive SUV. We spent the day cleaning the old house best we could. The thing with the old house is that even when it is clean is still doesn't look clean. I don't know if we will get all our bond back but at this stage I really don't care. Teuila and her Boyfriend were visiting Melbourne so I picked them up from the train to have dinner with us. During that process I decided I really don't want a giant SUV which is what we had been planning on buying in the near future. Aarahi thinks I just need more time to adjust. He was quite smitten with it.
Friday we had carpet cleaners coming to do the carpets at the old house. Unfortuately when Aarahi arrived to let them in they had already been and gone...without cleaning the carpets. So I had to try organise someone else to come VERY last minute to do them. I found someone but the also charged double the price. I have been pretty much throwing money away at this point so this didn't even surprise me. Aarahi dropped off the rental car and picked up our poor car from the mechanics $500 later.
On Saturday we did our last minute holiday shopping before returning home to try do some sorting out. Did you notice that we hadn't unpacked at all yet?? I still have no idea where anything is and the house looks like it has probably been robbed. There is stuff EVERYWHERE. We finally finished packing for holiday at midnight, and gave up on trying to get the house in any kind of order.
The flight was pretty uneventful. Aarahi gave it a 8/10 for flights taken with kids. Everyone slept several hours each. Our kids have flown since they were tiny babies so thankfully they are used to it and it's no big deal to them anymore.



Lili and her favourite temple we visited. St George

No comments:

Post a Comment