Sunday 22 November 2015

That Time ALL the Toilets Were Blocked

Another week over and a new one about to start. We had home school group on Monday. We were a full hour late since I have to wait for Aarahi to finish work so I can use the car. He is still working tonnes of overtime. Thank goodness only another month or so of that left. As soon as Christmas is over work will slow down.
After our meeting some of us went to Lego club, I picked up my nephew Izayah along the way. My cousin warned me that he would probably need to go toilet (he has a history of holding it in then bursting, even when you try to make him go) So we get to the library and the kids finish their work and of course Izayah now wants to go toilet just as they are ready to do their presentations. We rush to find the toilets....ALL OUT OF ORDER!!!!!! not even joking. The whole complex. Our closest toilet was over at the shopping centre. I tell the kids we need to go and Auron kicks up a stink because he was next to present to the class, but Izayah is hopping around grabbing his crutch like a lunatic. Thankfully the librarian comes over and says quick just let him go in the blocked toilet. Phew crisis averted albeit disgusting but little boys don't care. We get back just in time to hear Auron speaking to the class.
I have continued my cleaning. Aarahi took about 5 bags of clothes and blankets to the charity bins yesterday. Sorted out the kids clothes, and bagged up all the ones that don't fit, and then moved them all out into the garage. I donated Aarahi's favourite church shirt without telling him. I felt guilty the whole day. All I could think was "I can't believe I am turning into my mother" because this is totally something she would do. I remember her disappearing a decent amount of clothes she didn't like, such one of Alby's hideous shirt (we were all with her on that one) and some of my sister's "hoochy" shorts that barely covered her bum...like to see you try wear those now Eleanor! Turns out he didn't really care that much about the shirt.
Yesterday Auron and I went to give blood. Well I gave the blood he was just there to watch. He loved it and told the nurses all the things he had learnt. They were great with him, asking him questions and really making him think. I got a bit faint after it was all over so had to wait awhile for my blood pressure to go back up. While we waited we played games, Auron really likes the rhyming game, it reminds me of playing with Teina in the car when he was the same age...even at almost 15 it's probably still his favourite car game.  All in all it was a good experience rounding up all our learning about blood.
At church the kids practised for the Primary Presentation. I left Ammon down asleep in his pram while I was up on the stand with the kids. I watched these two little girls push him around until he woke up then play with him for about half an hour. I had no idea who these girls were as they aren't in our ward. Then they asked their Aunty if they could get him out, she was like "who's baby do you think that is?" they thought it was her baby I saw them laughing about it. I didn't care I was just happy that someone was looking after him. He then got passed around a few other people the rest of the day, he ended up hanging out with Bishop in his office by the end of the day. Already having to visit Bishop's office and not even one yet!










No comments:

Post a Comment