Sunday 15 November 2015

Planning and Cleaning and Planning Some More

LAst week was the week I said no more to the junk! Our house is very quickly becoming too small for us. There is so much inside such a small house that it feels like I am surrounded my "stuff" So I started with the dining room and pulled out EVERYTHING and threw away probably 80% of what was on drawers and on shelves and in boxes. I went through the kids school boxes and tossed pretty much everything except a few special pieces of work. After the dining room looked nice and empty I moved into the lounge and repeated the process. Lili was no help, she's a hoarder and wants to keep every tiny scrap. Auron on the other hand I put to work sorting out dvd's and books. 5 hours later it was like a new house. My goal is to get the whole house emptied out before the end of the year. I am not exactly sure where I am going to put all the rubbish though...

It was definitely a sorting out week last week. I managed to finish planning the whole school year out. Next year is the first year Auron is actually supposed to be in school. Since he has tested out of both of the first level of Math and Language Arts curriculum that we have I am just waiting on the new materials to arrive in time (hopefully) for January when we start again. We have a 6 week on 2 week off routine going from end of January to start of December and only working from Monday - Thursday with Friday reserved for going places/catching up/service projects etc

Along with the planning theme of the week I priced out our trip to the USA which is in a little over a year. We are going with my parents and younger siblings. Planning is always the key! We don't use credit to pay for our holidays so I need to have every dollar planned down to the cent and start looking for deals at least a year out and then have everything except spending money paid for in full before stepping foot on that plane. It adds a little more pressure when you are spending your parents money too. My mum offered to take the kids back to Melbourne for us so we could go to Mexico for a week too. I laugh a slightly evil laugh as I imagine her taking three little kids on the plane. It's not for the faint hearted I tell you. I am well practised at flying with kids but for someone with no experience....and taking my little sister Claire also (she's a bit nuts) I think my Mum may need another holiday.

Aarahi's picked his funeral songs this week. It's depressing, he bought them on iTunes and wants to listen to them all the time and then make me listen to them. I don't know why he would want me to be contemplating his funeral but should anyone want to know he wants Goodnight My Angel by The Men of the Tabernacle Choir and some other song they sing that sounds like Lord of the Rings. I think its called Homeward Bound or something like that.

On Friday night Aarahi and I went to stay at a hotel in the city for the night.It was an early birthday present for Aarahi since December is just crazy busy. When I booked it I thought it was a great idea to have a kid free night away. However the closer it got the more apprehensive I got. The night before I ended up bringing Lili in to sleep with us, just because I was feeling a little sooky about leaving my babies. They were fine and didn't even care that we left them. I was okay too once I finally was able to walk out the door and leave Ammon with my cousin.

We had dinner at the night markets. Then went to the hotel and ordered room service for dessert. It was SUPER flash (read ridiculously small and insanely expensive)

We must not forget the biggest news of the week! Ammon is a walking boy! And yes this new found skill has been used to torture Lili immensely.

I have no new photos this week so enjoy one of a baby Auron






1 comment:

  1. Where in the US are you planning to go? Anywhere near Ohio?
    I love those cleaning out times! Do you have a thrift store nearby that accepts donations? We donate everything that is useable. We did our cleanout about two months ago I think, ended up moving out more than 12 large bins of clothing between the 10 of us, some toys, kitchen items, books, etc. It felt so good to clear our space. (We are in a small place for our family, 1200 sq ft, which is smaller than just about every family I know around here and we have 11 people now.)
    I have two kids that tend to be hoarders, plus my husband. Boo! It is frustrating to me and I know I'm frustrating to them because I'm just NOT one to keep things. We make it work and try not to drive each other crazy over it. :)

    School - I need to go over what we accomplished from July-October, which was the first half of our school year, so I know what we need to accomplish in the second half.

    ReplyDelete