Sunday 14 February 2016

Third Time Lucky

I think our car is dying a slow death. It's had an problem since we bought it 4 years ago. We've had it fixed on multiple occasions yet it still persists. We have now just learnt how to drive it carefully so that we can for the most part avoid the problem. I'm taking it into the mechanics AGAIN on Wednesday to see if they can fix it. Plus its new problem of turning off while waiting at intersections. I wonder what it's like to just drive and not have to worry about these kids of things?? What a crazy thought.

On Tuesday we went to the park with out Homeschool friends and made Fairy Houses and played by the lake. One of the boys had brought his light sabres along, Auron was upset that he didn't have his so couldn't really join in the game very well until an older boy took him in and gave him one to use. It was so sweet and made my heart happy. This week it's dress up day, mixed with a bit of palaeontology. We have a tradition of stopping by McDonald's for a frozen drink after our group. It is usually stinking hot and such a welcome treat for the kids. Personally I am not a fan but traditions are important. I don't know what we will get in winter? Hot Chocolate? or maybe stick to a Frozen Drink since they're only a dollar.

Friday was the day I faced the library. I had fines that would probably reach the moon. I am glad they cap it at $50 otherwise...well let's not think about that. I really need to make a better effort. Auron and Lili enjoyed the kids ipad and board games class they had running of Friday afternoon so perhaps we can make it a more regular thing.

Auron is making great strides with his school work and his handwriting is really improving. I am so happy that I get to see him learning everyday. Lili has an amazing memory. She loves to learn about anything and everything. We just purchased a skeleton poster and she is busy naming all her bones. Aarahi bought the kids a really neat science experiment book that we are working our way through. They always ask if it's a day to do science.

We made valentines day treat up for a few friends at church yesterday. Aarahi and I don't really buy each other gifts for Valentines day but we have a special breakfast together as a family. This year we had heart shaped French toast.

Aarahi got a new wedding ring this week....3rd time lucky they say? He has lost his previous 2 rings within a few weeks of having them. His work isn't really conducive to wearing rings but we are going away for 2 weeks on holiday and I said he needs to look like he is married.

I love a good deal, Aarahi mocks me for always looking up reviews for everything I buy. Aarahi works really hard to provide an income for our family, so I feel it is my responsibility to use that money wisely. So yes I look up reviews for nearly everything an NEVER pay full price. I want quality for a cheap price. My deal for the week? two sets of kids Kathmandu snorkelling gear for $30 down from $80. That's cheaper than you can get at Kmart!





No comments:

Post a Comment