Sunday 4 October 2015

Onwards and Upwards!

I think it must have been awhile since I have written. There are 3 unfinished post sitting in my account!

We have been enjoying the beautiful Summer like weather here this weekend. It has been at 30+ degrees the past two days and will continue for another few days before dropping back down to more seasonally appropriate weather.

Apparently on Friday it was a public holiday to celebrate Grand Final weekend for the AFL...not we could actually care less about it. I am not even sure who was playing. But it was a perfect excuse for us to take advantage of the sun and head down to the beach in the city. It in no beach like we are used to but it was good enough for the kids. They had the best time, I don't think Auron and Izayah got out of the water for 3 hours or so.

On Saturday Aarahi went to play in the Greenvale Ward Table Tennis Tournament. It's all very serious business. I think it's the 2nd or 3rd year it's been going now. He came home a winner! He won the doubles with one of the other guys.

Lili is pretty much 100% now. She had been having 4-5 hour naps in the day for half the week but hasn't had to have a nap at all the past few days. It is so nice to have her back! Although it was hard to have her sick, I really enjoyed all the time I got to spend with her. She really is one of the funniest kids you can meet.

Auron has taken an interest in Chess this past week so Aarahi has been teaching him slowly. Each morning after breakfast he gets out the board and practices setting it up and learning the names of the pieces. When Aarahi gets home they have a couple of games and learn a new rule.

Ammon has been sleeping through the night...THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! That is unheard of in this house like, what am I going to do with all this sleep I am getting at night?? I've been waking up at 5am which is not cool, hopefully my body clock will reset. But really, is this what it's like for all those people with kids that are good sleepers?? First time in 5 years I've not had someone yelling my name or crying at obscene times of the night. Aarahi and I have so much energy it's like we should go run a marathon or something. There's something to be said about sleep deprivation that's for sure.

The kids and the birthday girl...

Family Photo

Winners!




Lili earned her Happy Meal, learning all her letters

MMM white top + watermelon = bad idea


3 Little rascals ready to swim


Tuckered out after the party


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Candice! I can't get the smile off my Nanny dial! Great to see Lili well again and many congrats to the ping pong player. Better challenge your father when we come over. So so glad you are finally getting some unbroken nights you two!

    ReplyDelete