Sunday 30 August 2015

My Husband is a Zombie Catcher

It was a much quieter week than the last, mostly because the weather was terrible and I slowly began to drown in laundry.

Monday: Much of the same. School in the morning then we went over to the cousins for Family Home Evening and dinner.
Tuesday: We went to the launch of the 100 Book Before School program. It was pretty average, and I would rather have not gone. The kids did score a book pack each though so I guess that made it somewhat worth it. I rewarded them for having to sit through speeches with Subway for lunch.
Wednesday: We caught up on some neglected school work and Lili, Auron and I did a bunch of baking for the week
Thursday: It was pouring with rain so the most logical thing to do is get the train to the visit the cousins and go shopping. Yep we are crazy like that. It was a terrible idea. The kids were all grumpy and by the end of the day Lili was really really pushing her luck with me. We had a few tantrums on the ground in Target. It's our first in a long long time, I was pretty exhausted from a long night with Ammon and probably didn't handle it as well as usual.
Friday: I realised Lili needed some time out just her and mummy. I know this is always the problem when she starts having melt downs. So we had some time out to read books, do cooking, play in the sandpit without anyone else. A few hours of one on one time and she becomes a different child. It's good for me too. It helps me to remember that she is still just a little girl with big emotions that sometimes just needs her mummy to be a little more patient and understanding with her.
Saturday: My cousin Cindy was down in Melbourne from Queensland for a girls weekend with some of her friends. Sarah and I were lucky enough to catch up with her in the city for a few hours. We went to a little cafe in one of the lane ways and got so ripped off it was painful. We should have just ordered drinks but instead Sarah and I ordered a quiche and an apple crumble. We paid good money and got piddles in return and to top it off it tasted gross. If that's what the rich people eat, I think I'd like to stay poor. Aarahi the brave brave man looked after all 5 kids by himself for the afternoon. These kids are hard work for both Sarah and I together, so you can imagine the task Aarahi had before him!!! He did fantastic and everyone was happy on our return.
Sunday:  My lesson for class was "I am Thankful for Food" naturally bringing cupcakes to decorate after our lesson was the best idea. I was only planning on having 3 or 4 kids but ended up with 7. They actually did really well and the mess was fairly minimal. The even got the whole point of the lesson. However later in the day during sharing time some other kid grabbed a cupcake off the table at ran out the door with it dropping it along with all its delicious coconut topping all over the floor. sigh... The kids made some Fathers Day ties at church. They had questions on the for the kids to answer about their dads. The first question was "What does your Dad do for work?" Lili's answer "He goes and catches the Zombies" Gosh I love that kid!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment