Thursday 8 January 2015

We are back

....And we are back. Well hopefully, I hope to be better at writing this year but life is busy. I kind of lost momentum when I got pregnant with Ammon but now that, I am past that long exhausting pregnancy I should be better. Not that a newborn is much easier.

The Matthews family are in for a big year. After a year of watching our pennies (probably why you havent seen much of us over there) we have started the process of building our home. All going to plan we should start the actual building sometime mid year. We have a wedding on the cards for July but that will most likely just see Ammon and I head over for....unless my mum gets sooky and pays for the other kids. We have also booked in a holiday to somewhere warm and tropical for later in the year. Aarahi has worked his butt off the past year and deserves a relaxing holiday so that's what we are doing. I even let him pick the destination. But as with everything who knows what the year will really bring. Plans may change and we will just have to roll with it.

Our newest addition is fitting in well, I think it's been easier with 3 than when I only had one. Auron is completely smitten by him, Lili has taken a while to warm up to him. On the day we brought him home she declared to all that would listen that "baby is yuck!'' We are praying Ammon doesn't follow in his siblings sleeping habits, so far so good. We haven't had an all nighter yet (touch wood)

Summer is well and truly in full swing here with 40 degree days nothing out of the ordinary. We bought an aircon unit so its been a lot more tolerable but it still sucks. I really really hate summer. Yesterday was 38 today is 18 though so go figure.

Auron is enjoying taking advantage of my lack of time and energy to enjoy watching far too much tv and way too many youtube clips. I'm giving myself another week before we are back in to our normal routine of school work and activities. We will be continuing with the reading eggs program, which he has done really well with, When we tested last his reading age was 4.75 but I imagine that it would have slipped a bit over the past month or so. He's enjoying pointing out the letter and words he knows in books and out and about. We will also complete the Heart of Dakota preschool program again. It's more fun than anything else.

Liliana is our Miss Mischief. Out of all of them she  is the one that will send me to the loony bin. It must be the curls. She loves learning and will probably join Auron in his school work this year. She desperately wants to read but its a bit beyond her although she likes to think she can, At the moment she is quite concerned about possession and who's things belong to who. Heaven forbid anyone use something that doesn't belong to them.

Aarahi took a permanent position at his work so now he gets more money, paid holidays, sick leave and rostered days off. He still enjoys his work and the crazy hours. Personally I think anyone who wants to get up to go to work at 4am is a little bit insane. He is look forward to all his extra work paying off with a new house and dishwasher.

So that's it for now.

I shall leave you with a few photos of our cute little ones





No comments:

Post a Comment